Labour and Employment Law: Year in Review and What to Expect in 2017 Webinar
By Taylor McCaffrey LLP on 2017/01/18
Taylor McCaffrey LLP is the Manitoba member of the Employment Law Alliance, a world-wide network of over than 3,000 lawyers providing labour and employment law expertise in over 120 countries around the world.
Last year saw a dramatic increase in governmental activism in the workplace. With a new administration in the US, we may see a very different approach.
As an ELA member, we are pleased to invite you to a free 90 minute webinar entitled “Year in Review & What to Expect in 2017”. This session will provide an overview of the most important legal developments in 2016 and what you can expect in the months and years to come.
- The EEOC’s Strategic Enforcement Plan including its new guidance on disability and national origin discrimination as well as hot topics in gender identity and sexual orientation;
- Marijuana and the workplace;
- Safety and Health: Practical guidance on the new drug testing rules, Incentive Programs, Retaliation Claims and Electronic Recordkeeping;
- Unions: what you can expect to happen with the NLRB’s recent ruling on joint employment, ambush elections, bargaining units, social media, permanent replacement of strikers and arbitration agreements and whether the new Persuader Rules are headed for the trash heap;
- Wage and Hour: the impact of recent litigation on the incoming Trump administration on the new salary basis test for the managerial exemption and whether you can expect other significant changes;
- Immigration: a review of DHS’s final regulations on Highly Skilled Workers, what you need to know about other changes to federal immication law, and how the new administration might impact these developments.
When is it?
Wednesday, January 25, 2017
3:00pm – 4:30pm EST
2:00pm – 3:30pm CST
1:00pm – 2:30pm MST
12:00pm – 1:30pm PST
10:00am – 11:30am HAST
Who Should Attend?
The information presented will be of particular interest to:
• In‐house Counsel
• Human Resources Professionals
• Corporate Executives
• Business Owners
What to expect
This session will provide an overview of the most important legal developments in 2016 and what you can expect in the months and years to come in the US. A more detailed description of the items to be covered is included in the attached program announcement.
To register, click here, and then click the “register” link to the right of the title. Please be sure to confirm the corresponding start time in your local time zone.
Feel free to share this invitation. If you will be in the same room listening together, only one person needs to register. If you will be in different offices or locations, each person should register. You can view the PowerPoint slides via your computer and can listen either via your computer speakers or the telephone.
The webinar will be recorded and posted on the ELA website following the live event and so if it is difficult for you to attend, you are most welcome to listen to it there.
About the Employment Law Alliance
The Employment Law Alliance is the most comprehensive network of labour and employment attorneys in the world. Our members provide employment, labour, and immigration expertise in more than 120 countries around the globe, all 10 Canadian provinces and all 50 U.S. states. They work closely together to ensure that their clients’ legal matters are handled seamlessly wherever they do business. We provide a smarter, more efficient and effective alternative to using a single multi-state or multi-national law firm.