- Admitted to the Bar, 1993, Manitoba.
- University of Winnipeg (B.A. 1989).
- University of Manitoba (LL.B., 1992).
- Mediation and Principled Negotiation Certificates.
- Mediation and Arbitration Training.
- Collaborative Law Training.
- Canadian Bar Association.
- Manitoba Bar Association.
- International Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Fellow.
- Arbitration and Mediation Institute of Manitoba Inc., Past Member.
- Alternate Dispute Resolution Institute of Canada Inc., Past Member.
- Canadian Foundation for Dispute Resolution, Past Member.
- Manitoba Council of Administrative Tribunals
- Canadian Bar Association, National Family Section, Executive Member.
- Manitoba Bar Association, Family Law Section Executive, Past-Chair.
- Manitoba Bar Association, Family Law Section Legislative Changes Sub-Committee, Chair.
- Manitoba Bar Association, Council Member.
- Manitoba Human Rights Board of Adjudication, Human Rights Adjudicator.
- Organizing Committee of the Joint Bench/Bar/Law Society Family Law Program 2010-2014, Member and/or Presenter and/or Co-Chair.
- 20th Anniversary of the Manitoba Unified Family Court, Past Co-chair.
- Court of Queen’s Bench Costs Committee, Past Member.
- Court of Queen’s Bench Miscellaneous Committees, Past Member.
- Jewish Child and Family Services, Former Board Member, Former Ethics Committee Member.
- TM Workplace Safety and Health Committee, Chair.
- TM Marketing Committee.
- Manitoba Crafts Council, Past Chair.
- Manitoba Law Society, Practice and Ethics Committee, Past Member.
- Mediation Internship Pilot Project/Manitoba Justice, Lawyer/mediator.
Lawrence’s practice focuses on the resolution of family law disputes through negotiation, methods of alternative dispute resolution, including Comprehensive Mediation and Collaborative Law, and litigation. Lawrence has represented clients in all Manitoba courts. Lawrence has also occasionally lectured and written articles dealing with various issues in family law, has acted as a mediator, and is a certified arbitrator.
Practising within the Family Law Group of Taylor McCaffrey, one of the largest Family Law Groups in Western Canada, Lawrence resolves family law issues through careful planning, maintaining a focus on the client’s true interests and most especially, the well being of children. As family law continually evolves, Lawrence and the other members of the Family Law Group strive to ensure that client’s needs are anticipated and properly addressed. Lawrence may be reached through e-mail from this site; by phone at 204-988-0451 or at his cell phone at 204-227-0313.