- Canadian Bar Association.
- Manitoba Bar Association.
- Canadian Association of Counsel to Employers.
- Arbitration and Mediation Institute of Manitoba.
- ADR Institute of Canada Inc.
- Human Resource Management Association of Manitoba
- Human Resource Management Association of Manitoba – Executive Board Member (2015 - present)
- Boxing Canada, Vice President (2005 - present)
- United Boxing Club Inc., President and Founder (2006 - present)
- Sport Dispute Resolution Centre of Canada, pro bono counsel (2006 - present)
- Manitoba Bar Association, Labour & Employment Subsection, Executive Member (2009 – 2013)
- Commonwealth Games Canada, High-Performance Review Committee (2005 – 2006)
- Athletes CAN, Board of Directors (2003 – 2005)
- Manitoba Bar Association Mid-Winter Conference (2015)
- Canadian Legal Education Association, Speaker's Bureau (2004 – present)
- University of Manitoba Continuing Education – Human Resource Legislation (2007 – 2010)
- Numerous educational programs on a variety of labour and employment topics (2004- present)
"Between a Rock and a Hard Place: Defamation and Internet Service Providers”, Asper Review of International Business and Trade Law, vol 2, 2002.
Ryan is one of the most accomplished Olympic-style boxers in Manitoba history. Ryan was a member of the Canadian National Elite Boxing Team from 1995-2003, representing Canada in over 40 international competitions around the world, including the 2000 Olympic Games Qualifier, 2001 World Championships, 2001 Francophone Games and the 2002 Commonwealth Games.
Ryan retired his boxing career in 2003, after competing in over 170 bouts. Ryan has remained actively involved in the sport as a volunteer coach and administrator. Ryan had the privilege of being Team Manager for the Canadian Elite Boxing Team competing in the 2006 Commonwealth Games, in Melbourne, Australia, and was a coach and sparring partner for the Canadian Olympic Team competing in the 2008 Olympic Games, in Beijing, China.
Ryan is now Vice President of Boxing Canada, the National Sports Federation responsible for Olympic-style boxing in Canada. Ryan is also the President, founder and head coach of United Boxing Club Inc., a not for profit organization dedicated to engaging the community and promoting physical fitness through the sport of Olympic-style boxing.