Kim has been helping families through divorce and separation for over a decade and works tirelessly to develop big-picture solutions that, during stressful and uncertain times, are too often overlooked for prompt resolution. When dealing with highly sensitive and emotionally driven negotiations, developing effective long-term solutions requires a keen sense of empathy and creativity – a responsibility Kim is recognized for.
Kim has experience with cooperative negotiations, an engaging process that aims to resolve marital and separation cases without going to court. This process can help resolve family issues in a healthier way, maintain civility and eliminate costly litigation, it also provides a process that uses creative, non-traditional solutions to family law issues, if cases must go to court, Kim is a veteran litigator and has successfully advocated for her clients in court.
Kim also represents clients who require prenuptial and cohabitation agreements. Kim also represents clients on guardianship and adoption cases.
Memberships and Professional Designations
- Canadian Bar Association
- Manitoba Bar Association (Life Council Member)
- Manitoba Runners Association
- Women Lawyers’ Forum, Manitoba Bar Association, Co-Chair
- Law Society of Manitoba, Admissions and Education Committee (Member)
- Law Society of Manitoba, Complaints Investigation Committee (Past Member)
- Canadian Centre for Professional Legal Education for Bar Admissions (MB) – Family Law Course Materials (drafting/editing): 2013 to present
- Chartered Professional Accountants (MB)
- Course Lecturer: “Until Death Do Us Part (or we figure out how much you earn and what you’re worth)”: October 2014 & February 2017