At Taylor McCaffrey LLP, we know that a successful firm relies on an excellent professional team – paralegals, legal assistants, marketers and communicators, human resources professionals and IT experts. Our legal professional support staff thrive in a respectful, collaborative and dynamic work environment. Taylor McCaffrey LLP encourages all staff to continue their professional development for personal and professional growth.
Legal Professional Positions
Taylor McCaffrey is seeking a Corporate Paralegal to join our Corporate Paralegal team to assist students, lawyers, other departments and firm members with various corporate matters.
Responsibilities will include:
- Prepare documents required to form corporations, professional corporations, and limited partnerships
- Prepare documentation for amendments, amalgamations, dissolutions, import and export continuances and revivals
- Prepare documentation for extra-provincial registrations
- Prepare documentation for dividends, share transfers, purchase for cancellation redemptions, changes in officers and share transfers
- Online filings – MB Companies Office, Corporations Canada and other provinces as required
- Registration and maintenance of business names
- Create and maintain corporate minute books and corporate database/virtual minute book
- Preparation for and closing of various corporate transactions
- Corporate and Nuans searches
- Prepare reporting letters an accounts
- 4+ years of experience
- Exercise sound judgement and problem solving
- Excellent people and communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Possess strong computer and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment
- Complete complex assignments with minimal supervision
- Possess a strong analytical and logistical skill set
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize competing deadlines
- Exercise critical thinking, with attention to detail and consistently produce high-quality work
- Strong technical skills, including knowledge of ALF (a corporate database), Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of ALF data base an asset
Standard hours: 8:30 – 4:30
Job Type: Full-time
Taylor McCaffrey offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package, which includes Health, Dental, Disability coverage, Insurance coverage and a Pension Plan.
Qualified candidates can submit their cover letter (including salary expectations) and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those under consideration will be contacted.
Qualified candidates can submit their cover letter and resume via email to: