Alex is a family lawyer who assists his clients with a range of domestic issues, including prenuptial and cohabitation agreements, separation, divorce, child custody and support. Alex has a particular interest in separations involving complex financial issues, including cases dealing with trusts, forensic auditing and accounting and business valuations.
Separation is an emotionally intense time for many partners, and it’s easy to lose sight of long-term wellbeing in the pursuit of closure. While Alex understands and works respectfully to navigate resolutions, he emphasizes the importance of planning for long-term business success and wealth protection. Alex is experienced working with clients and accountants to value and divide assets, and to determine income for support purposes in complex cases.
Alex is versed in both arbitration and mediation, but he is also a skilled litigator when court is necessary, having represented many clients in matters dealing with the division of assets, support and custody.
Memberships and Professional Designations
- Canadian Bar Association
- Manitoba Bar Association
- Law Society of Manitoba
- Pro Bono Students Canada Family Law Project
- Pro Bono Students Canada Small Claims Project
- Volunteer with Lawyers Feed the Hungry
- Western Law Community Outreach representative
- Volunteer Special Olympics Canada softball coach
- Volunteer basketball coach at Niakwa Place School, J.H. Bruns Collegiate and Southdale Community Centre
- Mentor with the MLSA Mentorship Program
- MBA Law Day Committee Member