Andrew knows that good planning can make a world of difference for individuals and business owners. Working within our tax law department, Andrew helps you address and solve tax issues that affect individuals and business owners alike. He helps structure corporations, organizations and transactions in a practical and tax efficient manner.
Working closely with accountants, financial advisors and wealth managers, Andrew is motivated by his specific interests in how businesses are organized, governed, operated, acquired and disposed of and is driven to find practical and effective answers to a variety of legal questions. His thoroughness and attention to detail help him plan tax efficient structures, acquisitions and transactions for a variety of individuals and business owners.
In addition to his work within our tax law department, Andrew works within our business law department to implement a wide variety of transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, and debt and equity financings both with traditional lenders such as financial institutions and through capital raises on the private and public capital markets.
Andrew often works in cross-disciplinary teams within the firm, using his knowledge and experience for the benefit of a wide variety of individuals and businesses owners.
- Commercial Contracts
- Corporate & Commercial
- Corporate Governance
- Financial Services & Restructuring
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Commodity Tax
- Corporate Tax & Restructuring
- Personal Tax & Wealth Management
- Tax Advice for Mergers & Acquisitions
- Tax Dispute Resolution
- Tax Exempt Entities
- Tax Planning for Estates & Trusts
- Wills, Estates & Trusts
Memberships and Professional Designations
- Canadian Bar Association
- Manitoba Bar Association
- Law Society of Manitoba
- Canadian Tax Foundation
- Dean’s Honour List and Pitblado Scholar (2013, 2014)
- Cecil Black Memorial Prize (2015) for highest standing in Taxation of Trusts & Estates
- Max Kaplan Prize (2015) for highest standing in Business Planning and Finance Law
- Archie Micay Q.C. Prize (2013) for 3rd Highest Standing in 1st Year Law
- D.A. Thompson Q.C. Prize in Torts (2013)
- President’s Scholar (2012, 2013)
Community Involvement and Volunteer Positions
- MBA Mentor
- Coaching Robson Hall Negotiations Class Workshops