Doug has practiced in Corporate and Commercial Law since being called to the Bar in 1975. Working with all sizes of businesses, he’s recognized and respected for his fair and balanced legal advice and insight. His practice emphasizes the purchase and sale of businesses and commercial properties. He helps clients structure their businesses while resolving obstacles such as shareholder disputes as they arise. He also advises smaller businesses and startups on corporate structure, shareholder agreements and commercial purchases.
Known for his dignified approach to law and ethical advocacy, He has worked with United Way of Winnipeg over the last 20 years and has served on the Manitoba Paraplegia Foundation Inc. for nearly 40 years. He embraces a responsibility to give back to others, and his altruism is seen by clients, colleges and members of the community.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Manitoba Bar Association
- Arbitration and Mediation Institute of Manitoba Inc
- ADR Institute of Canada Inc
- Canadian Foundation for Dispute Resolution
- Taylor McCaffrey Management Committee (1982-2010)
- Manitoba Paraplegia Foundation, Trustee and Chair
- United Way of Winnipeg, Member of Cabinet (2000-2006)
- United Way of Winnipeg, Board of Trustees and Executive Member (2006 – 2013)
- United Way of Winnipeg, Campaign Chair, 2012
- Law Society of Manitoba, Bencher (1992-1999), President (1998-1999) and now Life Bencher