Kyle has practiced in the areas of commercial, construction and insurance litigation since her articling year (1999) and Call to the Manitoba Bar (2000). Since early 2012, she has also practiced in the area of Indigenous Law, with a focus on Specific Claims.
Kyle has extensive advocacy and appellate advocacy experience. She and has made appearances and submissions before all levels of Court in Manitoba, the Supreme Court of Canada, as well as various administrative, professional and regulatory bodies.
Kyle has expertise in a broad range of areas, including insurance, contractual disputes, negligence, construction litigation, debtor/creditor litigation, administrative law, trust litigation and pension law matters.
Kyle has had the privilege of serving on various Law Society of Manitoba committees and subcommittees, and is currently serving as a Bencher of the Law Society.
Memberships and Professional Designations
- Canadian Bar Association
- Manitoba Bar Association
- Law Society of Manitoba
- Civil Litigation Subsection
- Construction and Infrastructure Subsection
- Indigenous Law Subsection
- Women Lawyers’ Forum
- Canadian Pension & Benefits Institute
- Law Society of Manitoba, Practice and Ethics Committee (2020 – present)
- Law Society of Manitoba, Bencher (2018-2020)
- Law Society of Manitoba, Discipline Committee (2019 – present)
- Law Society of Manitoba, President’s Special Committee on Health and Wellness (2019 – present)
- Law Society of Manitoba, Admissions and Education Appeals and Trust Safety Appeals Sub Committee (2019- 2020)
- Law Society of Manitoba, Equity Committee, Member (2010-2011, 2012-2016, 2018-2020)
- Law Society of Manitoba, Admissions & Education Committee, Member (2011-2012, 2015-2020)
- Law Society of Manitoba, President’s Special Committee on Delivery of Legal Services, Member (2018-2019)
- Law Society of Manitoba, President’s Special Committee on Trust Safety, Member (2014-2015)
- Law Society of Manitoba, Justicia Flexible Work Arrangement Guide Committee, a Special Committee appointed by the Equity Committee, Co-Chair (2013-2014)
- Taylor McCaffrey LLP, Associates Committee, Co-Chair (2018-present)
- Taylor McCaffrey LLP, Litigation Department, Presentation Coordinator (2018-2019)
- Taylor McCaffrey LLP, Continuing Legal Education Committee, Member (2002 – present)
- CPLED, Law Society of Manitoba, Learning Group Facilitator (2009-2013, 2017-2018)
- Midwinter Conference, 2013 – “The Rule in Browne v. Dunn“
- Winnipeg Harvest, Volunteer (2016-present)
- Siloam Mission, Volunteer (2010-2016)
- Manta Aquatic Club Inc., Director (2015-2016)
- Freeze Frame International Inc., Director (1999-2000)