Norm has extensive corporate finance and securities law experience. He represents clients from national and multinational companies to owner-managed businesses. For over a decade, he has been recognized annually by his peers for his expertise and value in the fields of Corporate Law and Securities Law.
Norm’s practice focuses on owner-operated and mid-market businesses that are expanding as he has significant expertise in working with companies needing to raise money for growth. He has guided many privately-owned companies through initial start-up stages, through private placement equity raises and ultimately through going public transactions. For many companies, growth and long-term success often brings a long list of legal considerations. Norm also provides corporate governance advice, both to shareholders seeking agreement and to shareholders and boards navigating disputes among themselves.
From corporate structure and governance to acquisitions, financing and succession planning, Norm brings his decades of experience to every client file.
- Commercial Contracts
- Corporate & Commercial
- Corporate Governance
- Financial Services & Restructuring
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Public-Private Partnerships
- Real Estate & Property Development
Norm is the principal contact at our firm for all SCG Legal matters, having previously chaired the Canadian firm representatives within SCG Legal. SCG Legal is a seamless global network of the profession’s preeminent independent law firms, and Taylor McCaffrey LLP works closely, in particular, with other Canadian SCG Legal member firms to provide clients with any and all legal services required nationally. By uniting their skills, expertise and influence, our member firms assist leading and growing companies in every industry navigate a complex and ever-changing legal landscape. With local and regional experts across the globe, our independent member firms capitalize on the strength and effectiveness of our network to help their clients solve today’s toughest business challenges.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Manitoba Bar Association
- Manitoba Motion Picture Industry Association
- Taylor McCaffrey LLP, Chair and Managing Partner, Management Committee (2000-present)
- TSX Venture Exchange, Local Advisory Committee Member (Present)
- Manitoba Securities Law Subsection, Past Chair
- The Stroke Recovery Association of Manitoba, Inc., Past President, Member
- Winnipeg Chamber of Commerce, Investment Advisory Committee, Past Member
- United Way of Winnipeg, Community Investment Committee, Past Member