Robynne provides advice on all Family Law matters relating to separation and divorce including complex financial, property issues, child/spousal support, and parenting arrangements. With a Master’s degree in Social Work, she understands the unique dynamics involved with families and brings a special skill set to conflict resolution.
Robynne is a leader in the field of Family Law and has been selected by her peers as one of The Best Lawyers™ in Canada in 2019 in the field of Family Law and Family Law Mediation in the Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory. She also received the 2018 Lexpert Rising Star: Leading Lawyers under 40 award, given to the top 40 lawyers across Canada and was one of the only two Manitoba recipients.
Robynne is experienced in litigation and collaborative law/ mediation, and can help you determine what approach is best for you. She strongly believes that out of court resolutions are best for families, and works in all modes of dispute resolution – collaborative law, mediation, negotiation, and litigation – to help clients resolve matters.
Robynne also specializes in Adoption, Guardianship and Fertility Law. She is the leading lawyer in Manitoba in the area of Assisted Reproduction and works with all types of families in helping them with their path to parenthood. Robynne is an advocate of LGBTQ rights works closely with the LGBTQ community.
Robynne is active in the legal community. She is the Chair of the Family Section of the Manitoba Bar Association, and past council member of the Manitoba Bar Association, and workshop facilitator for the Legal Help Centre. She is an instructor of the Advanced Family Law Course at the University of Manitoba, Faculty of Law, and facilitator of the Negotiation Module on the Continuing Professional Legal Education Program.
Robynne is a proud Winnipegger, having moved back to Winnipeg from Toronto. She has two young sons, and in her spare time enjoys boxing, the outdoors, and spending time at her family cottage.
Memberships and Professional Designations
- Canadian Bar Association
- Manitoba Bar Association
- Collaborative Practice Manitoba
- International Collaborative Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- Fertility Matters Canada
- University of Toronto Massey College Junior Fellow Alumnae
- Manitoba Bar Association, Executive Chair, Family Law Section
- Manitoba Court of Queen’s Bench, Case Conference Review Committee
- Manitoba Bar Association, Women’s Forum, Past Executive Chair
- Manitoba Court of Queen’s Bench, Expungement Review Committee
- Families in Transition, Board Member
- Beyond Borders, Educational Symposium Chair on “Sexual Exploitation in the Digital Age”
- Manitoba Bar Association, Past Council Member
- Collaborative Practice Manitoba, Past Board member, Secretary and Treasurer
- St. Paul’s College, University of Manitoba, Past Board of Governors Member
- South Winnipeg Family Information Centre, Past Board Member
- Imputation of Income for Support: “Coady v Coady and L.M.K v J..K” with the Honourable Justice Johnston, Manitoba Bar Association/ Law Society of Manitoba
- “Intersections of Family and Education Law”, University of Manitoba, Faculty of Education Graduate Department
- “Dialogue with Manitoba Bar and Bench on the Manitoba Experience (Unified Family Division Court)” The Canadian Bar Association Canada
- “Pre-Trial Conferences: Tips for Success from the Civil Litigation and Family Bar and Bench” Manitoba Mid Winter Conference
- “Family Law in Manitoba”, Fort Gary Women’s Resource Centre
- “Family Property Division”, “Preparing for Case Conference”, Legal Help Centre
- Family Law in Manitoba”, Health Sciences Centre Social Work Department
- Negotiation Course Facilitator, Canadian Centre for Professional Legal Education, Law Society of Manitoba.
- “Fertility Law”, Manitoba BarAssociation
- Judge for Intensive Law Class, Robson Hall, University of Manitoba, Faculty of Law
Selected Media & Speaking Engagements
- “Province Announces ADR for Family Separation”, Canadian Lawyer Magazine, May 2019
- “Domestic Violence Victims Struggle to Navigate the Family Law System“, Global News, April 25, 2019
- “Manitoba’s Soon to Be Mandatory Mediation”, CBC Radio-Canada, Dec 20, 2018
- “More Funding Urged for Child Custody Assessments”, Winnipeg Free Press, October 13, 2018
- “Draft Regulations to the Assisted Human Reproduction Act” CBC Morning Radio, June 8, 2018
- “Canada’s Test Tube Baby Regulations Need to be Rewritten”, CBC National, July 25, 2018
- “Divorce: To go, or to not Go to Court”, La Liberte, December 6, 2017
- “Collaborative Practice and Family Law”, CJOB, May 11, 2016
- “Medical and Legal Issues Surrounding Surrogacy”, Global News, May 16, 2016
- “Protection Orders in Spotlight”, Winnipeg Free Press, November 5, 2015
- “Mobility Issues and Family Law”, CTV, September 2015
- “Manitoba Family Law Changes Bringing Needed Clarity”, Legal Feeds-Canadian Lawyer & Law Times, June 5, 2015
- “Child Custody Assessments”, Winnipeg Free Press, October 2013