Ryan prides himself in offering prompt, sound and practical legal advice to a variety of local businesses and international clients on a broad range of issues, including Labour and Employment, Human Rights, Civil Litigation, First Nations law, Sports Law and Collections.
Ryan is the 2.0 Manitoba representative for the Employment Law Alliance, the world’s largest network of labour and employment lawyers, covering more than 120 countries. He is also a director of CPHR-Manitoba, the exclusive certifying body in Manitoba for the nationally recognized Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) designation.
Ryan is the President (and former Vice President) of Boxing Canada, and a former member of the Canadian National Elite Boxing Team from 1995-2003. Ryan represented Canada in over 40 international boxing competitions around the world, including the 2000 Olympic Games Qualifier, 2001 World Championships, 2001 Francophone Games and the 2002 Commonwealth Games. Ryan retired his boxing career in 2003, after competing in over 160 bouts. As a coach and administrator, Ryan was the team manager for the 2006 Commonwealth Games and a coach for the 2008 Olympic Games, in Beijing, China.
Ryan is the president, founder and head coach of United Boxing Club Inc. United Boxing Club is a not for profit organization dedicated to improving the local community through the sport of Olympic style boxing. United Boxing Club actively supports local charities, offers great programming and has produced numerous national and provincial boxing champions.
- Advocacy, Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Civil Litigation
- Corporate & Commercial Arbitration
- Corporate & Commercial Litigation
- Indigenous Law
- Mediation & Dispute Resolution
- Labour & Employment
Memberships and Professional Designations
- Canadian Bar Association
- Manitoba Bar Association
- Employment Law Alliance
- Chartered Professionals in Human Resources Manitoba
- Taylor McCaffrey is the exclusive Manitoba member of the Employment Law Alliance, the world’s largest and leading management side network of labour and employment lawyers with selected members literally worldwide
- Canadian Association of Counsel to Employers (CACE) – the leading management-side labour and employment lawyers organization in Canada
- President, Boxing Canada (2020 to Present)
- Founder and President, United Boxing Club (2006 – Present)
- Board of Directors, CPHR Manitoba (2015 – Present)
- Manitoba 2.0 Representative, Employment Law Alliance (2017 – Present)
- Vice President, Boxing Canada (2005 – 2020)
- CPHR Legislative Review (2018 – Present)
- Manitoba Bar Association Mid-Winter Conference (2015)
- Canadian Legal Education Association, Speaker’s Bureau (2004 – Present)
- University of Manitoba Continuing Education – Human Resource Legislation (2007 – 2010)
- Numerous educational programs on a variety of labour and employment topics (2004- Present)