Ryan prides himself in offering prompt, sound and practical legal advice to a variety of businesses and international clients on a broad range of issues, including Labour and Employment, Human Rights, Civil Litigation, First Nations law, Sports Law, Administrative Law and Collections.
Ryan is the 2.0 Manitoba representative for the Employment Law Alliance, the world’s largest network of labour and employment lawyers, covering more than 120 countries. He is also a director of CPHR-Manitoba, the exclusive certifying body in Manitoba for the nationally recognized Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) designation.
Ryan is one of the most accomplished Olympic-style boxers in Manitoba history. He was a member of the Canadian National Elite Boxing Team from 1995-2003, representing Canada in over 40 international competitions around the world, including the 2000 Olympic Games Qualifier, 2001 World Championships, 2001 Francophone Games and the 2002 Commonwealth Games.
Ryan retired his boxing career in 2003, after competing in over 170 bouts, but he has remained actively involved in the sport as a volunteer coach and administrator. Ryan had the privilege of being Team Manager for the Canadian Elite Boxing Team competing in the 2006 Commonwealth Games, in Melbourne, Australia, and was a coach and sparring partner for the Canadian Olympic Team competing in the 2008 Olympic Games, in Beijing, China.
Ryan is now Vice President of Boxing Canada, the National Sports Federation responsible for Olympic-style boxing in Canada. He is also the President, founder and head coach of United Boxing Club Inc., a not for profit organization dedicated to engaging the community and promoting physical fitness through the sport of Olympic-style boxing.
- Advocacy, Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Civil Litigation
- Corporate & Commercial Arbitration
- Corporate & Commercial Litigation
- Indigenous Law
- Mediation & Dispute Resolution
- Labour & Employment
Memberships and Professional Designations
- Canadian Bar Association
- Manitoba Bar Association
- Employment Law Alliance
- Chartered Professionals in Human Resources Manitoba
- Taylor McCaffrey is the exclusive Manitoba member of the Employment Law Alliance, the world’s largest and leading management side network of labour and employment lawyers with selected members literally worldwide
- Canadian Association of Counsel to Employers (CACE) – the leading management-side labour and employment lawyers organization in Canada
- Vice President, Boxing Canada (2005 – Present)
- Founder and President, United Boxing Club (2006 – Present)
- Board of Directors, CPHR Manitoba (2015 – Present)
- Manitoba 2.0 Representative, Employment Law Alliance (2017 – Present)
- Manitoba Bar Association Mid-Winter Conference (2015)
- Canadian Legal Education Association, Speaker’s Bureau (2004 – present)
- University of Manitoba Continuing Education – Human Resource Legislation (2007 – 2010)
- Numerous educational programs on a variety of labour and employment topics (2004- present)