Tim has been recognized by Best Lawyers as one of the best lawyers in Canada under the category of Corporate Law, and is a past recipient of its “Lawyer of the Year” for Manitoba (2014). Tim represents businesses ranging in size from owner-managed to national and multinational, all of which receive practical, prompt advice and solutions whenever required.
Tim works closely with business owners and executives to distill a variety of complex legal issues into practical decision making. He maintains close relationships with business influencers, and has developed a network of experts across the country and in the USA. Tim has spent a career specializing in practice areas that ensure he can provide adept, executive-level counsel to his clients. In providing tailored advice, Tim helps you to understand the legal parameters around your business better so you reach organizational goals more effectively.
- Taylor McCaffrey LLP Management Committee, Member (2006-present)
- Canadian Centre for Child Protection, Member, Board of Directors (2011-2017)
- Fort Whyte Foundation, Past Chair, Director and Member of Executive Committee, (2000-2009)
- Manitoba Bar Association, Business Law Section, Past Chair and Member of Executive Committee (1996-2002)
- Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada, National Church, Member of Court of Adjudication. ELCIC Manitoba/Northwestern Ontario Synod, Past Member of Synod Council
- Kirchoff Gardens Seniors Residence, Past Chair, Director and Member of Executive Committee
- Downtown Business Improvement Zone (BIZ), Past Member, Community Safety Committee and numerous Ad Hoc committees
- University of Manitoba Faculty of Law, Business Planning and Finance Law (2001-2004)
- Lecturer/Presenter on topics relating to insolvency law and business law for the Law Society of Manitoba, INSIGHT, Canadian Insolvency Practitioners Association, Manitoba Bar Association, and others
- National Presenter, Canadian Bar Association – Share and Asset Purchase Considerations and Strategies