Our Legal Start program offers legal services for a fixed fee to start-ups and new businesses.
Starting your own business can be a challenging process, but it doesn't have to be.
At Taylor McCaffrey LLP we are committed to helping new business owners by providing legal advice on small business start-up issues.
Dedicated to quality, our goal is to provide legal services and resources that can only come from an experienced law firm. Our Legal Start lawyers are well versed in all areas of business, corporate, commercial, labour and employment, regulatory and intellectual property matters to help you make your dream a reality.
While a few hours spent researching online might give you some partial understanding of the legal and business challenges new businesses face, it is important to spare yourself further trouble down the road by establishing a relationship early on with a lawyer.
Don't let legal missteps or complicated jargon get in the way of your ambitions. We don't want just your business – we want you to succeed and grow your business well into the future. We know the challenges new businesses face, anticipate problems that may arise and help you prevent them so your business can survive its start-up phase and thrive, all on a budget that works for your business.
Our Legal Start program offers legal advice for start-ups at a fixed fee. We will meet with you to get to know your business and determine what services you need, connect you with a lawyer who suits those needs and provide you with a quote, specific to your business and your needs.
Let us help you get it right from the start.
Legal Start Program Services
- Guidance on business structure
- Drafting corporate records
- Preparing your minute book
- Drafting of shareholders’ agreement to establish the rights and obligations of each business owner
- For the first-year annual maintenance of corporate records
- Drafting of a standard loan and security documents to help
- secure the money you are investing in the business
- Serve as your company’s registered office for one year
- Drafting of non-disclosure agreements
- Developing of potential solutions with you to meet your goals
- Strategic trademark consultation
- Trademark searches and filing
- Drafting of trademark use guidelines
- Drafting of website terms and conditions
- Preparing/Drafting of Customary employment agreement
- Non-competition, non-solicitation and non-disclosure agreement
- Customary offer letter
- Customary employee handbook with employment policies relevant to your business
- Preparing/Drafting Employee training on policies
Legal Start Events
Would you like to meet Taylor McCaffrey LLP's Legal Start lawyers, visit our firm, and learn more about legalities of starting and owning a business in Manitoba? Attend one of our Legal Start events.
What you will learn at a Legal Start event:
- Choosing a business structure and tax savings for corporations
- Contracts for clients, suppliers and intellectual property agreements
- Protecting your brand and IP through patents, copyright, trademarks and other tools
- Basic legal requirements in areas of employment standards such as wages, overtime, vacation pay, general holidays, breaks and ending employment
Sign up to be the first to know when the next Legal Start Event is scheduled.
Frequently Asked Questions
We offer free consultation for new clients limited to 30 minutes. We will try to answer your all your questions as to best of our ability and the information provided.
We regularly help our clients over the phone or e-mail, whichever you are most comfortable with.
This all depends on what you are trying to accomplish. If you need help deciding, contact us for a free consultation
Once we have all the information we need, we can have your company formed within 7 days. For more complex business formations it may take longer.
We try to provide flat fees for many of our legal services. In some cases, a retainer service works better due to the unknown challenges of the project.
We accept all major credit cards online.
We provide all of our clients a detailed invoice of how we spent our time on each matter. We identify each activity and record our time in 6 minute increments.
Complete the form here and our staff will check for conflicts, and we will let you know if we can work with you and introduce you to a Legal Start lawyer for your initial meeting.
Services of Taylor McCaffrey LLP are available only to its clients who the firm has agreed in writing to represent. The firm may decline to represent a prospective client for any reason, including for example that the proposed representation may create a conflict of interest with an existing client of the firm. Fixed fees due prior to commencement of work unless other payment arrangements are made. The services provided under the packages are limited solely to those enumerated above, and must be consumed within 12 months after initiation of our representation.